Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Escape!

I am free! Okay so I was not really in captivity, just in the hospital. To make a short story longer than it needs to be, I was diagnosed with Typhoid fever after days of feeling...not good. I was going to say under the weather, but does anyone really know what that means...? Didn't think so :) and don't be cheeky and google it! When the Dr. told me, after a few days of testing, that i had Typhoid I responded and after he left I sat in my room alone and cracked up! Some of you know that I waited until the last minute to get my immunizations. Because of this I really only had time to get one...guess which one........TYPHOID! It is the only thing i was immunized against and the only think i got. hahah sigh :)

I am gunna be honest here, when I was feeling sick I was sort of hoping that I would get to be admitted to the hospital. Call me what you will, but I have (had) never been admitted to a hospital and I thought it would be cool to say that I was admitted to my first hospital in the Philippines...you know you think it sounds cool too;) I got to be hooked up to an IV and everything, so legit! I met some of the nicest people ever there and made loads of new friends.
 
The hospital was real small and there were only like four private room, one of which I was able to get. In the Philippines people are never alone, they just aren't. And if you are alone they assume you want company, so funny. Because of this, when my team mates were out watching God save the world and I was left alone in the hospital room, I was asked at least 2-3 times a day where my "watchers" were and whether i minded being alone. But let me tell you, with nurses coming in almost every hour i was not alone for long :) One good thing about having friends with you at the hospital here it to get your prescriptions. I did not have an IV of antibiotics that we did not go to the pharmacy every few hours to get.
 
I also know now how it feels to be a zebra in a fish bowl! Let me explain. There was a small window in the door to my room and I frequently would look up from my food, conversation, or book and see someone creeping in the window. And it didn't phase them at all when I stared back. lol so funny!
 
The staff at the hospital were so nice and loved it when we got to talk and remember their names! Two of the nurses asked to be my Facebook friends too, so cute!
 
Despite these minor set backs God is still doing great things. We have shared the gospel with more people than i can count right now and we have had ten bible studies. We are leaving at the end of this month to a new area. I'm really excited to get back out there and see how God will use our team! Thank you for your prayers you guys are the best for real!!!!! May God bless you, too!!!!!

-Haley