Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hearing from the Father

This week has been absolutely amazing! It has easily been my favorite off the summer so far as we have experienced some great rest & seen the Father do some amazing things. We began the week in the mountains, a common tourist spot, and got to spend 2 days trekking through villages of minority people & their terraced rice paddies.

While slipping through muddy rice paddies, trekking through bamboo forests, and walking the streets, I've really heard the Father speaking to me. Through the things He's told us in the letter He gave us, He's been granting direction & wisdom for my future... as well as giving me some things to do after I leave here.  It's encouraging to hear His voice, and I'm thankful for the way He speaks to us as we place ourselves in faithful obedience to His ultimate purposes among the nations.

Funny story: While trekking through the bamboo forests, I got 4 leeches!  No one else in the group got any... but I guess I took care of the leeches for everyone. That doesn't happen in Jackson, TN...

-M