Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How Can I Follow? Can You Help Me?

Can you believe this summer is already halfway over? I simply can’t believe the adventure that we’ve had this far. Thanks for being here with me and Ernest. I hope this update will bring you as much joy as I’ve felt from your Thoughts for us.

It’s been an incredibly busy week, and we’ve been extremely thankful for the many opportunities this week to share The Story and build friendships. Busyness comes at a price, however, and Ernest and I have felt really exhausted this week. I haven’t been sleeping too well, and we’ve had some late nights and early mornings. We’ve been able to meet with friends a lot this week, traveling around the city and seeing some of the sights. These trips are our favorite things to do because we get to hang out, build relationships, and we often have many opportunities to speak the Truth and share some of our favorite stories. We went to the “ceramic village” this week with some of our friends and tried to make some ceramic creations (fail!).

Yesterday, I had an incredible opportunity to share at the lake we frequent, and the guy I met, D-, said that he has been reading about our Brother on the internet, and he asked me how he could begin following him. He literally said, “How can I follow, can you help me?” We’re talking Acts 8 stuff here! No, I didn’t teleport away like Philip, but this guy asked to be made new, and we will meet with him tomorrow to explain more and give him a copy of the Letter. We are incredibly stoked, and this seems to be the first fruits of your Thoughts and our labor here. Ask for fertile ground and true Understanding. We Hope he didn’t simply want to practice English.

I think one of the main lessons I’m learning here is the importance of faithfulness, and how it’s really all that Dad asks from us. We aren’t responsible for producing fruit, only Listening to Dad and obeying what He says. It’s hard for me sometimes to be ok with just being faithful, but Dad is showing me over and over this summer that He shows up when I’m faithful in the little things. I wish I could share all of the stories of what He’s doing, but I guess you’ll have to wait until I get back!

For the first time in 5 weeks, I was able to attend a Meeting in my own language! It was so encouraging, and Ernest and I really needed it. I’ll leave you with a quote from our brother Hudson T., from China, whose life has greatly encouraged me this week:

A little thing is a little thing, but faithfulness in a little thing is a great thing.

You can bet that we won’t stop running this race. Keep being faithful wherever you’re at, and remember that you can impact the nations from anywhere by being faithful to His Great Command. Thanks for laboring with us!
 

Grace & Peace
- M & Ernest