Monday, July 8, 2013

This is who I am


This past week we have finished up remodeling the new training center for future farming and animal demonstrations. We got to take Saturday to visit a neighboring country with a man that we partner with there. He showed us all the tourist sites like the Pagoda, the village of the Karen People, and the local markets. We also got to visit his ministry site! The local food was surprisingly good, but extremely oily. It is not quite as spicy as Thai food, which was a welcome relief.

Lately, I have been struggling with God to reveal more of himself to me. I just want to go deeper and know Him more and it is very frustrating when I try to make it a one way relationship and do all the work myself (as if I could). Sometimes it is good to just wait on the Lord and go out on faith when we do not feel His immediate presence each time we call Him. He hears every prayer and every cry. Today when we were baptizing our new brothers and sisters, watching them each be submerged into water in this river under a random bridge, this thought popped into my head by itself and it said, "This is who I am Andy." I lost it. I have seen many baptisms in my life but none have ever had this kind of effect. Later I found out that these were the church's first baptisms in the history of this small group of believers. We also observed the first Lord's Supper with these people. So humbling for our team to be a part of this and to witness the first signs of fruit of this ministry. God is so good!

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement! God bless!

-Andy