Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beyond Expectations



Yesterday was the first of the goodbyes that I must begin to make. There are three girls, Molly, Evalyne, and Gloriah, in one of the schools here that I have been meeting with every Sunday.  But as students are taking exams, their schedules are very tight, and I had to say my goodbyes this week. I got there, only expecting to stay about an hour or so, but then they started asking questions about every sort of topic from Jesus Feeding the 5,000 to trials to the Philistines taking the Ark in 1 Samuel. 

As we moved inside to get out of the rain, more girls saw that we were talking, so they came over to join as well. I ended up having 7 girls just sit with me and ask questions about salvation and works (so many people here are taught that you work for God's love and salvation). As I looked down at my watch, I realized that more than 4 hours had passed since my arrival. I knew that it was a divine appointment to be able to speak truth to these girls one last time. After taking some pictures, I really felt like God was laying it on my heart to give the girls a book that played a significant part in my walk with God, but I had no way to get it to them. Today, my team and I were at another school to attend a very important ceremony. As we were about to leave, Molly walked up to me! I had the book on me and was able to hand it over to her. God definitely makes things happen when His will needs to be done.

We only have one more week here, and as the time starts to slip away, I am just in awe of how God can change a person's heart in such a short time. I never expected to fall in love with a country, to have my heart shatter at the thought of leaving, or for God to give me the confidence to boldly work for Him and preach His Good News.

Prayer Requests:

  • For our student's spiritual growth.
  • For God's truth to be revealed here.
  • For God's guidance for our team's futures.
  • For Safe travels as we are coming back soon.
  •  

Thanks,
Kelly