Saturday, July 27, 2013

Team Korea & EUC



I can't begin to describe how thankful we are to have received your prayers throughout this EUC week. The Holy Spirit was without a doubt present. Cultural barriers were broken, friendships were made, and more importantly the gospel was shared. Students came to know God for the first time, students that knew Him grew more as believers, and there is now a strong unity between a group of students from many different backgrounds. One of our major prayers is that this unity would bring unification in Korea so that the gospel can be proclaimed in the North.

Our group served as small group leaders throughout the week. This can be one of the most tiring yet most rewarding jobs. Many students are hardened to the truth of the gospel and cling to the things of this world. I was so thankful that our camp theme was to "Be Transformed" based off of Romans 12. The hardened hearts can be discouraging to see. But praise be to God for even the smallest changes in these students lives. I can see God working! I rejoice in those that now know Christ, but I also rejoice in the smile I see on a face during worship from a student who normally would never smile. I rejoice in seeing the expression on a students face when they realize Jesus lives inside of them. I rejoice for prayer requests being answered and students that knew about God yet had not given their lives to Him doing so this week.

Please pray that these changes and these blessings would not be forgotten. It's easy to be in camp mode but I pray that not only this week but the lives of these students would be changed. I pray for discipleship in their lives and for them to long to share what they learned with others.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." -Romans 12:2

Thanks for your prayers,
Team Korea