- When I hear a girl playing a new song she has learned on the guitar
- Listening to the ever-present sound of the piano being played loudly
- When Ma Em, a helper that works in the home, brings in our merienda (afternoon snack)
- When I hear the sound of footsteps when the girls finally arrive home from school
- The sound of girls shouting, "Tita (Aunt), come here!''
- Getting hundreds of hugs from beautiful Filipina girls each day... just because
- Goodnight kisses
- Saying "Mahal kita (I love you)" and hearing the reply "Mas mahal kita! (I love you more!)"
- Hearing girls pray to our God in a language you cannot understand, except when they say your own name, thanking God so much for you
- Listening to the girl's beautiful voices sings praises to our God
- Laughing so hard with my teammates I can't stop the tears
- Crying with my teammates when things get hard
- Holding babies in the pregnancy clinic as their mothers have their checkups
- Walking through the villages, handing out food and vitamins to the starving children
- Riding in a Jeepney, packed in like sardines with all the other passengers
- Taking a cold shower to cool off after a long, sweaty day
- Meeting someone at the supermarket that is hungering for the Gospel, and getting to share with them
I ask that you pray for health for my teammates and me. Our stomachs are not agreeing with many of us. It is extremely hot here, and it's easy to get dehydrated. I ask that you pray also that we will be mindful of the Gospel at all times, letting it change us daily, and changing the lives of the people around us. Pray that relationships with our girls in the JAZ home will continue to be built so we can love them like Jesus wants us to. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support!