Friday, July 28, 2017

Enduring Discouragements-: Advance Team

It amazes me how William Carey endured six years to see a convert. Can you imagine the discouragements he took from his fellow believers and family? Not to mention the death of his son and later his wife. It also amazes me how Jim Elliot and four others faced their deaths from the people they want to share the Gospel to and not putting a fight. Acts 20:24 says”However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” These men considered their lives as Paul considered his.

What amazes me most was that Jesus Christ, a God, came down here to earth just to die a sinner’s death. Can you imagine the pain of the lashes He had to bear, the weight of the cross He had to carry and the mockery, scorn and the strife He had to take?

Many of us so become easily disappointed, discouraged when faced by trials of any kinds. Many of us go on default mode when confronted by opposition. When a person rejects to hear the gospel or doesn’t want to come to you for a Bible study how many of us persevere for that person? How many of us really share the love of God everyday intentionally rather than seeing it as an event once a month? How many of us get easily disappointed when we see few or no results? Many of us easily give up when an opposition arises.

If God just gave up on us what do you think would happen to us now?

I would like to quote what C.T. Studd said “If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.” If Jesus Christ, a God, who endured everything for us then, I believe, just as C.T. Studd said there can be sacrifice too great for me to take for Him. But saying it is a whole different level when we are actually doing it. Faith is seen by its work. As we believed and accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior then we should live our lives following what our “Lord” instructs us to. It may be illogical and hard but we can be rest assured that our Father who is in heaven knows best for His son.

A man once said to me “As we are filled with grace, when we are bumped, we should then spill grace.” We may get bumped by rejections, by persecutions, by discouragements, by disappointments and any other we should still spill grace, nothing else. God didn’t give up on us then how are we to give up on people that God wants them to hear and show His love for them.

--Vi