Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Farming in Africa

Through being in Zimbabwe, God has confirmed the plans He has for me for at least the next few years; I am going to school to be an Agronomist. Not only is there a need for Agronomist in the states but also in Zimbabwe. The soil here is very sandy, not the most suitable for growing crops.The irrigation of water here is not as widely used as it should be, one of the main reasons being the cost and not having the ability to get money and resources. Also people here need to learn to how utilize their biggest energy source, the sun. I have seen seen several small farms using some sort of solar power but there are still many areas that would benefit from the use of solar power.

In saying all that, I feel as though my purpose is to become an Agronomist so I can come back to Zim and teach the people how to help themselves, meaning, teach them better, more economical farming methods. I'm proud of my American roots because without them, God wouldn't have shown me this awesome opportunity and career path. I'm thankful that I can use my passion for farming to help the people at home and across the world.

Please pray that other people with farming backgrounds and mindsets would realize the needs in area like this and that they would use their skills to help the people help themselves. Also, pray that God would open up opportunities for me to come back to Zim as well as opening the doors to other placs so that I can help the people help themselves.

-Lindsay