With already over a month into the summer I finally have the privilege of sharing with you how the Lord has been working through the Hope and Health team!! We are a team of 7 girls who were sent to Southeast Asia to serve in clinics and integrate ourselves into the culture. We were called for 2 months to assist not only in treating people of their illnesses but also to share about the One and Only, True Healer, Our Heavenly Father. As we prepared to leave our comforts of home, we only had one thing on our mind, we are the instruments that God chose to use to spread His Truth throughout the nations, if we don’t go, who will?, if not now, then when? There was no holding us back from going!
Let us introduce ourselves:
- Meredith (farthest left) is from and attends college in Tennessee. She is 21, studies nursing, plays soccer and is secretly one of the funniest people you’ll meet!
- Abby (left; light pink skirt) is from and attends college in South Carolina. She is 19, studies interdisiplinary studies, plays soccer and hopes to be a physician assistant one day.
- Lauren (left; stripped skirt) is our team leader, she is 21, from West Virginia, but attends college in South Carolina where she plays soccer and studies Pre-Med.
- Morgan (middle; light blue skirt) is from and attends college in Mississippi. She is 20, studies Pre-Med and played her first soccer game here (and she was awesome).
- Rebecca (me; right; red skirt) is from North Carolina but attends college in South Carolina. I am 21, study nursing, play soccer and I hope to work in the ER, as well as travel with my nursing degree.
- Gracie (right; purple skirt) is from and attends college in South Carolina. She is 22, studies nursing, plays soccer and loves all “the little ones!” (babies)
- Evelyn (farthest right) is from and attends college in New Mexico. She is 21, studies nursing, plays soccer and absolutely loves sunflowers.
I am beyond excited to share how the Lord is moving in our ministry this summer! Although our internet access isn't the best I will try my best to keep you informed and updated on praises and prayer requests we may have. As stories will be told in blogs to come I pray that you will keep in mind that this summer is not about us but about Him, it's not about us but about them! Remain prayerful for this nation and the people within, that the Holy Spirit will flood this place and that we will remain faithful servants to the One who sent us! Thank you prayer warriors!