Saturday, June 15, 2013

2013 France: Blessings

       The blessings God gives are truly remarkable. Every morning when I first wake up I wonder where I am, and what am I doing in a place I don’t not know.
    Then reality hits me that I am in France, and that I am here to share the good news of what Jesus Christ did for me.
    Shortly after coming back to realism, I am greeted by my dear friend we are staying with. He always greets me in the morning in French with great, excitement “Bonjour Mitch, ca va?!” which translates “Good morning Mitch, how are you?!” After I reply, he always asks if I would like a cup of coffee, and of course I cannot turn that down.
    God has blessed me with the encouragement, and enthusiasm of this man. Hearing his story from how he was a former Muslim, to accepting Christ as his savior, has blown me away.
   God has used someone who has gone through a massive amount of persecution to be one of the biggest blessings in my life.
     Even though it’s hard to communicate to him because I don’t know French, and he doesn’t know English; he is still my brother in Christ.
    These words resonate in my heart, as this is something he says often to me in English “Thank you, Jesus.” This man realizes without Jesus he is NOTHING, and with him he is EVERYTHING. We must come to the realization that Jesus Christ is all that we have. I am beyond blessed to have people like this in my life that realize the persecution is worth it.
I cannot say it enough; IT IS WORTH IT!

Acts 5:41-42

Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name. And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching that the Christ is Jesus.

God Bless,

-Mitch