Thursday, June 6, 2013

Meet the Honduras Healthcare Team

  Sixteen countries, four cities, fifty two days, and one hundred and seventy seven ordinary students with just one mission: To bring glory to God's kingdom.
   Out of all these students nine of them will be going on the Healthcare mission trip to Honduras. These students will be traveling across medical clinics and various villages throughout the country. 
   We, the team, take this task of spreading the gospel and His unfailing love as a command from God. We are called to reach every nation for His glory. This team has been preparing for a long time and is sure that God will move through this nation. As Psalms 100:5 says: "For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Pray that God will guide us and that it my all be for His glory. Thank you for all your continual prayers. 

Top row left to right: Alex, David, Nate
Bottom row left to right: Levi, Marissa, Hope, Danielle, Debra, Jared   
Meet the Team

Nate: (Team leader) I am a student at Anderson University, SC with dreams of going to medical school and serving my Lord overseas as a doctor. I grew up in Venezuela and Mexico with parents serving as cross-cultural workers. I have spent more of my life overseas than in the USA which has developed in me a true love for other cultures throughout the world. Family, sports, medicine, reading, hiking, and traveling are some of my greatest passions. My goal this summer is to be obedient to the one who saved me and to teach others about Him so that they can advance His Kingdom in Honduras

Alex: (Team Leader) I am twenty one years old. I was born in Augusta, GA, but was raised in Colombia, SC. Go Gamecocks! I am majoring in History and English at Anderson University, and plan to continue on into seminar. The Lord saved me later in my life and since then have been called to a full time in ministry. It is an honor, a blessing, and privilege to serve the Lord in this capacity. Oh and I enjoy: Mountain biking, camping, sports, hunting and growing beards.

Jared: (Media Coordinator) I was born and raised in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I'm the youngest of five siblings and enjoy to spend time with the family. I enjoy photography, playing guitar and love outdoor activities. I attend Anderson University. I'm majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry. I plan  to go into med school and do general surgery. Hopefully God will then set me on the field to work as a medical missionary. Pray for strength for the team and that we may follow God's will. 

Debra: Hello everyone! I am twenty years old, and from Fort Payne, AL. I'm currently a nursing major at University of Mobile. I could not be more excited to be going to Honduras. God has blessed me with this opportunity and I cannot wait to love on the Honduran people. Over the past few years God has directed me to medical missions. I do not know the road that lies ahead but I do know that I will be on the mission field somewhere, using my nursing skills to glorify His name! 

Danielle: I an the oldest of five siblings and enjoy outdoor activities. I am a Kinesiology major at Anderson University. God willing I will go into graduate school to become a Physicians assistant. I eventually want to use this on the mission field. I am not simply called into the mission field. I am commanded. I wish to better learn about the mission field. The team dynamic is has worked amazingly and pray that it may continue this way. Also pray that our team may be the most effective during the time down in Honduras. 

Hope: (Team Leader) I am a Junior pre-med student at Anderson University, SC. I am one of the leaders for this trip and will be returning to this nation for the 4th time. I am pursuing an undergraduate in Biology and will then go to fulfill my calling as a career missionary doctor.  

Marissa: A year ago, I was determined to live this summer in the most selfish and ungodly way possible. But ever since August of 2012, I have never been more content in my life than to be living completely in love with an incredible and perfect God. I am eighteen years old. I am from Anderson, SC. By God's grace I plan to attend Bob Jones University in the fall in order to study premed. Thank you for all your prayers. 

Levi: I'm from Greenville, SC and attend Clemson University. I have two sisters and one brother. I will be going to do nothing more than love and share God's word. My favorite verse is Romans 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." I want to take this message to all the people I encounter, so that more can know of God's great love and mercy.

David: I have been raised in a loving and supportive Christ-centered home. I'm from Simpsonville, SC. My dad serves as a pastor in this town. I attend Anderson University. I am currently studying Biology to go into pharmacy school. I ask that you would join us in praying for our faithfulness to uphold to our responsibility to share the gospel in every given opportunity. That we might effectively claim territory for God's kingdom.