Monday, June 24, 2013

The color of Our blood

   God is doing a lot of work in my heart. He is shaping my heart to be more like His in the sense that I am realizing the largeness of the world, and the importance of reaching out into it.  
   There is so much more to being a Christian than simply being comfortable and worrying about yourself. There is a world of hurting, broken people out there. And Jesus has filled the void in my heart, but He does not want me to stop there. 
   He wants to fill the void in theirs too. That’s why he commanded us to GO and to MAKE DISCIPLES of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. 

    There is power, healing, & unexplainable joy in the presence of Jesus, and this joy was meant to be shared. The gospel was brought to me because it is always on its way to someone else. 
    I don’t know why I am so reluctant to share it when I’m living my everyday life at home. I guess God has challenged us with so many superficial differences such as skin color, language, culture, etc. But these are only false barriers; color of our blood is all the same! 
   I am realizing that I am so quick to let these things discourage me from starting conversations, especially life-giving conversations about Jesus. But I am realizing my selfishness as I look back on so many missed opportunities to speak to people and love people who are different from me. 
    Every second of every day, I should be asking myself one simple question: What would Jesus do? 

   I’ll tell you what Jesus would do- Jesus would break through the facade of culture barriers and SPEAK LIFE INTO PEOPLE, no matter how different they are. Think of the Samaritan woman. And the leaper. And the tax collector. 
   Jesus never addressed these people based on how others viewed them. He saw these people for exactly who they were- human beings, precious souls with brokenness inside them and a desperate need to be healed by His words. 

   I have read these various scriptures time after time, yet on a daily basis I forget to live them out! I am usually too caught up in my to-do list, too focused on my present task. But my task, whatever it may be, is SURELY not nearly as big a priority as the person I am walking right past and the opportunity I am passing up to introduce them to their almighty Savior who died for them.

-Savannah