Monday, June 24, 2013

True Humility

As our time here is moving along, the Lord has been teaching both of us a lot about ourselves. This week we met up with our supervisor, he gave us this quote:

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it's thinking of yourself less." 
- C.S. Lewis
In my time here, God has been showing me a lot about how not humble I am.  A prime example would be the way I think. I want to do it all on my own, but "He must increase, I must decrease(John 3:30). That means that it is all in His will. His timing is perfect DESPITE what I think. I'm not always right and things don't always go the way I plan them out to go, and in times when that happens, I need to be aware that He must be greater than me. I need to put others needs on the forefront of my mind and begin to think of myself less.

God is teaching us to humble ourselves before Him and others in order to reach His people. By becoming more concerned with others and less concerned with ourselves, we will do so much more for His Kingdom.