Friday, June 14, 2013

Thai Media Mobilizer



Hey everyone! My name is Rachel, and I am the Media Mobilizer for the Thai Dorms teams. Each week I hope to update you on all the wonderful things God is doing in our hearts and in this country. I also want you to know our team a little better, so each week I will feature a short get-to-know the girls post. By the end of the summer, you should know us each pretty well. I will go first.

I am 21 years old and a Broadcast Communications major. The Lord introduced me to the Great Commission when I was 13 years old. I have had a heart for other nations and culture ever since, and I have traveled all over the US and several South American countries spreading the good news. 


After I served in Lake Tahoe, CA last summer, I felt like God was calling me to go overseas. I started searching the IMB website in August, and I stumbled across the Media Mobilizer position in Thailand. I applied and got the job. Everything after that just fell into place. 


Romans 10:14-15   How, then can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”