Friday, July 17, 2015

Dolores Journal Entries: Parker


This summer has been life changing for me. God has shown me so much over the last two months. I have never lived my life like Christ is the center. I have never had quiet times or personal Bible studies and prayer. I have learned this summer the importance of that daily Bible Study and constant prayer! I have also come to the realization that God can use me! 

I have always had a fear or spiritual battle in my mind of how can God use someone with as dirty of a past as I have. God says in Psalm 103:12, "as far as the East is from the West, so far does He remove our transgressions from us." God does away with our sins and our pasts, we just have to have faith enough to believe He has done it. I have also realized how selfish I have always been in my walk with Christ! I have always prayed for Parker, and I now see that it is not about me... but about what God did and can do! Another realization that has come to me is that the Gospel is not about things of the Earth but about the eternity of mine and everyone's soul! 

One story from our ministry is that we had shared the gospel and given a Bible to this man and he simply said, "For years I have searched for the Truth, and all I needed was a Bible to find it!" The man had a truly simple faith, but had a much bigger smile than I did. We just had to have a little faith in a big God. Always remember, no matter where you've been or what you've done; God can and wants to use you, so let Him, and when Satan comes and attacks you always remember, greater is He that is in you, than he who is in the world! All glory goes to God! Let God guide you! 

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

-Parker