Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Six Girls in a Hair Salon

I met six girls in a hair salon while evangelizing in S on Thursday. I shared the gospel with them. After I shared, they asked me questions: What about my past? Can I really begin to change my life?

I shared my testimony with them, being very open and honest. I shared verses from Scripture with them, such as 2 Corinthians 4:16, which says, "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day."

As I was leaving, I invited the girls to our True Love Waits event on Friday and Saturday. Their boss told them that they had to work, so I invited them to church on Sunday. They hesitantly agreed to come, none of them even owning a Bible.

As church started on Sunday, I didn't see any of the girls. Discouraged, I tried not to think about it. At the end of the service, as I stood up to sing and pray, I saw two of the girls sitting on the back row. I could not stop smiling. My heart was so full of joy and excitement to see them.

After the service, they talked with the pastor and Ruth, the leader of the youth, who told them how they could get involved with the church and offered them Bibles!

My heart is so full knowing that, even after I leave, those girls are new in Christ, and that they have a church to call home.

-Hailey