Saturday, July 18, 2015

Jesus Saves

Friday was the last day of a 4-day Bible club at a local primary school. I was entrusted with the task of sharing the gospel with over 200 children between the ages of 5-14 that afternoon. I was nervous all morning.
What if I said the wrong thing?
What if they had questions that I couldn't answer?
What if there was no response at all? 

When time came for the Bible club, our team was running a bit behind schedule. I only had 10 minutes to share about the most important topic that could ever be shared. I was more than a little nervous. But that's when it hit me: none of this was about me anyway. God knew before the earth was formed that we would be running late. He knew that I would have the chance to share the gospel. It was only through Him that I had the opportunity to share, and so I could be confident knowing that the response depended on Him and Him alone. God can do amazing things when we leave the response up to Him!

After sharing the gospel, I invited the kids to come talk to me or my teammates if they had any questions. God moved, and I had the awesome experience of being able to lead 7 girls to Jesus! They were so full of questions, and had such a genuine desire to know the truth. I shared with them that the angels rejoice in heaven when someone comes to know Jesus. Their precious mouths literally dropped open in amazement at the knowledge that they were making angels sing.

Please pray that God would continue to use us to introduce others to Himself, and that we might give the glory to Him and Him alone.

-Becca