Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Light

Last night, I walked outside to see the most beautiful starry night sky I have ever seen in my life. While looking at the sky, I was amazed at how much light a sky full of stars can bring to the darkness of the night. I was reminded of Gen. 22:17, "...I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven..." 

Paul writes in Galatians 3:7 "Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham." We are those of faith. We are the children of Abraham. We have faith in the God who created each of the stars. We are more numerous than the stars of the night. We bring light in the middle of the dark night. We have the light of the gospel wherever we go. We can dispel the darkness by sharing the story about a gracious Father that loves us. 

Pray that we will finish strong and not hesitate to share the gospel wherever we go. 
Pray that we will shone the light of the gospel in the place that has been our home for almost two months. 

We have grown to not just get by but to adapt and live life here in the Philippines. We are nearing the end and feel as though there is still too much darkness remaining for our work to be finishing. I personally have begun to see how much I have grown since I first arrived, I have become patient instead of stubborn. I persevere with joy now instead of whining. I don't just know now that I can lean on the Lord t get me through the tough times. I believe that I can. The Lord will continue t work here after we leave. People's lives have been and will be changed by the light that our team has brought to our villages. 

Pray that the harvest will continue long after we leave.