Friday, July 10, 2015

Two choices.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:5

Throughout every moment of each day, I'm faced with two choices:  1) Trust in God's way or  2) trust in my own understanding.

This  verse reminds me to trust in the Bible over my own thoughts. There have been many opportunities to share & make friends with people who come to the center. Sometimes I get impatient with a person's slow reaction to the gospel. Other times I get frustrated because I share my heart with someone, and then he rejects what I say. I find encouragement that God forgives me of my impatience & my misplaced hope (1 John 1:9). I also find relief from 1 Peter 1:21 which says "... your faith & hope are in God," not people's reactions.

Please pray for endurance, rest in the Lord, and for our team to place our faith & hope in God. 

-Samuel