Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I See the Truth

God has redefined the word "unreached" for me in the past few weeks. We have been living in a community that is a two day journey from the "modern" world. However, it took a few vital conversations for me to realize that the people we are living amongst are truly unreached, or isolated from the Gospel. 

One afternoon, we were conducting a Bible study with a couple who were in their mid-30's/early 40's. We shared the Gospel with them all the way through and they stared at us like they had seen a ghost. After a few minutes of silence, we asked, "Do you have any questions?" 

The husband responded, "Thank you, thank you so much for coming and sharing with us." He continued and said, "Most people don't take the time to come all the way out here, but thank you for coming. Before I heard this story, it's like I was blind. But now that you have come and shared the truth, I can see. I see the truth." 


As we continued our conversation, the couple told us that that was the first time they had even seen a Bible. The people that we are coming in contact with are not lost because they have rejected the Gospel. These people are lost because they've never had the chance to hear the Gospel. 

-Carley H
Riverboat Team C